Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 9 servings (9 (1/2-cup) servings)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly butter 2-quart casserole. Pour broth into 2-quart saucepan. Add potatoes; stir in 1 teaspoon salt. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender. Place colander over medium bowl; drain potatoes, reserving broth.
- Rinse and dry saucepan. Cook 2 tablespoons of the butter and the garlic in saucepan over low heat 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Return potatoes to saucepan with butter and garlic; mash with potato masher.
- Add 1 cup of the reserved broth to potatoes; mix until smooth. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons butter and 1/4 cup of the cheese. Adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon potato mixture into casserole. Top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese and the bread crumbs. Bake about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
You might also like
- 2009 © and ®/TM of General Mills
- © 2009 NapaStyle Inc
Per Serving: 263 calories; 9.6 37.7 7 19 756 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I only had plain panko bread crumbs so I added Italian seasoning. Flavor was good but potatoes came out a bit dry/pasty. Perhaps a little more added broth and/or butter would help.