Mincemeat Cake with Pecans
Ingredients1 h 55 m servings 641 cals
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spray an angel food tube pan or 2 5x9-inch bread pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, and salt together into a bowl.
- Stir the mincemeat pie filling, sugar, eggs, raisins, maraschino cherries, carrots, pecans, applesauce, canola oil, brandy flavoring, and vanilla extract together in a large mixing bowl. Mix about 1/3 of the flour mixture into the mincemeat mixture at a time, stirring 3 or 4 times after each addition. If the batter seems dry, stir in reserved maraschino juice, about 1 tablespoon at a time, until batter is desired consistency. Spoon the batter into prepared cake pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cake is lightly golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 641 calories; 20 g fat; 116.1 g carbohydrates; 5.4 g protein; 46 mg cholesterol; 476 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Great cross between steam brown bread and fruit cake minus the red and green candied fruit. Moist and flavorful. I substituted rum flavoring for brandy flavoring. I used walnuts rather than p...