Jerk Grilled Chicken Wings
Ingredients4 h 50 m servings 373 cals
- Mix together the orange juice, lemon juice, lime juice, salt, black pepper, thyme, garlic, ginger, habanero pepper, curry powder, allspice, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a bowl. Whisk in the vegetable oil. Pour 3/4 of the marinade into a resealable plastic zipper bag, and place the chicken wing pieces into the bag. Squeeze out any air, and mix the wing pieces with the marinade, and refrigerate from 4 to 12 hours. Place the remaining 1/4 of the marinade in a small bowl, and refrigerate until grilling time.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove the wing pieces from the bag of marinade, and discard the used marinade. Sprinkle the wings with salt and pepper to taste, and sear on the hottest part of the grill until the wings begin to brown, about 4 minutes per side.
- Move the wings to a less-hot part of the grill, baste with the unused portion of the marinade, and close the grill. Grill until the wings are golden brown, show good grill marks, are no longer pink in the center, and the juices run clear, 10 to 15 more minutes. Baste again with marinade and turn after 5 to 8 minutes.
- Editor's Note
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the marinade ingredients. The actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 373 calories; 34.8 g fat; 6.1 g carbohydrates; 10.6 g protein; 31 mg cholesterol; 614 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 16
Tasty! I used ground ginger instead of fresh ginger and used a jalapeno pepper instead of habanero. The 1/2 cup of oil is a little much, so I reduced it to 1/4 cup. The recipe makes alot of mari...
The flavor of this is delicious! I used it on pieces of chicken breast instead of wings, and I couldn't go out to grill so I baked them in the oven in the marinade (@ 375 for about 25 minutes). ...
This is by far my favorite wing recipe. So good. Perfect amount of heat. My bf who loves traditional buffalo wings couldn't decide which he liked better. I will be making these often. Next time ...
Wonderful! I really enjoyed the blend of spices in the dish. Nothing was overpowering. I admit I did not include the habanero pepper to make it more tolerable for those that couldn't handle the ...
Brought these to a bbq last night and everybody loved them. I marinated them for more like 24 hours and didn't have a habanero so I added some habanero hot sauce. Instead of whisking the oil int...
They were very good, but not authentic jerk flavor. If you want real jerk flavor, get an authentic Jerk recipe or order Walkerswood Jerk Marinade. I've used it for years. It is fabulous!
I loved the chicken this recipe is a keeper...I didn't have fresh ginger or thyme, but i did have ground so I used that..
We made these for New Years to go with our Caribbean themed meal. They turned out okay. Not too spicy. More like a very seasoned chicken wing. We also baked them in the oven due to the extre...