Ingredients58 m servings 225
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add zucchini, whole, and cook until almost soft, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain and allow to cool until easily handled, about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking pan.
- Slice cooked zucchini lengthwise, removing the top third. Scoop out the pulp and transfer to a strainer. Pat pulp dry with a paper towel and transfer to a bowl. Add Monterey Jack cheese, cottage cheese, all but 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup bread crumbs, butter, sour cream, garlic, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, salt, and black pepper. Mix to combine.
- Spoon mixture into zucchini boats and place on the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle tops with remaining Parmesan and bread crumbs.
- Bake in the preheated oven until heated through and cheese is melted, 15 to 20 minutes. Turn on broiler and continue cooking until tops are golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes more.
Per Serving: 225 calories; 14.5 14.7 11.1 38 374 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Please note that I made a major change! Instead of making boats, I skipped the boiling step and diced the zucchini. I put the zucchini in the baking dish and mixed it with the other ingredients,...
I believe the recipe is correct. Of the 5 tablespoons of breadcrumbs, 4 of them is 1/4 cup and the other tablespoon is sprinkled on top. Anyway that's how I did it. It came out great.