Banh Mi Burgers
Ingredients4 h 40 m servings 487 cals
- In a bowl, mix together the cucumber, green onion, carrot, rice vinegar, 2 tablespoons of mirin, and sugar until the mixture is well blended. Refrigerate 3 hours to overnight.
- Place the pork in a mixing bowl, and lightly combine with tamari sauce, sesame oil, 1 teaspoon of mirin, ginger, chili garlic sauce, and fish sauce. Divide the meat into 6 equal parts, and form each part into a patty. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Grill the burgers until the meat is no longer pink inside and the outside is crisp and brown, about 5 minutes per side. To assemble, place a burger on a sesame seed bun, and pile about 1/4 cup of the pickle mixture onto the burger. Sprinkle with a bit of fresh basil and mint, if desired.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 487 calories; 27 g fat; 26.6 g carbohydrates; 32.7 g protein; 98 mg cholesterol; 803 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 20
I'm the submitter of the recipe. Pleaese note that the rice vinegar is unseasoned. If you are using seasoned rice vinegar, please omit the sugar. The burgers can be cooked to your preference ...
These got rave reviews from everyone! I did as another reviewer has suggested and used all the marinade but only 1 pound of the ground pork. The pickle was just right. I had been looking for a r...
By far the best burger I've ever made. I substituted a lot of ingredients for this. I couldn't find mirin so I used Sherry with an equal part of sugar dissolved in it. for the tamari, I used ...
We LOVED these! I reduced the pork to 1 pound, but kept the measurements of the additions the same; the burgers were moist and very flavorful. I didn't use the cucumber pickle in this recipe b...
Excellent. I added some chopped garlic to the patties, topped with some cilantro and mayo, and served it on a baguette. Easily the best Bahn Mi I've ever had. Thanks for sharing.
Awesome recipe, made them once and the whole family loved them. Making them again as they keep asking for them, especially the homemade pickles. Adding a cilantro, mint, mayo tabasco mayo this...
These were great! Made some minor changes but kept the flavors the same. Didn't have fresh mint or basil so I worked about 1 tsp dried basil and 1/2 tsp crushed mint into the meat mixture. As...