Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 125 cals
- Whisk together the canola oil, hot pepper sauce, garlic, chili sauce, lemon juice, and oregano in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Add the shrimp and toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and marinate in the refrigerator 1 hour.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade, and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade. Thread about 4 shrimp onto each skewer.
- Cook on the preheated grill until pink on the outside and no longer translucent in the center, about 3 minutes per side.
- Editor's Note
- We have determined the nutritional value of the marinade based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on ingredient density, and the specific type of oil and other ingredients used.
Per Serving: 125 calories; 3.8 g fat; 3.9 g carbohydrates; 19 g protein; 173 mg cholesterol; 325 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 15
This is outstanding. Also consider increasing the chili sauce and decreasing the oil for a little more bite.
Made this exactly as the recipe says. I thought it was FAB! Thanks I'll use this again. Only thing, maybe a little less oil, but thats really a stretch. Flavor was awesome and my kids ate AL...
His mother-in-law is my mother so I agree about the recipe. I only leave the tails on if I'm serving these as an appetizer. They're delicious cold too.
We thought this was really good. Not excellent- partly because the shrimp didn't really have time to soak up the marinade. I think this is a very good base for people (like me) who like to exp...
Wow! This definitely is some of the "Best BBQ Shrimp Ever"! I did cut way back on the oil though...only using a little over 1/4 cup. I used olive oil vs. canola and 1/4 tsp. of tabasco. I also...
Yum! My kids and I loved this recipe. I changed it a bit. I used regular chili sauce, marinated about 1 hour then cook in a pan on the stove.
Really good - we like these in some tortillas or lettuce wraps with some rice. I didn't have chili sauce, but I did have a hot-sauce flavoured ketchup - so I used that with about a tbsp of Sirac...
These were excellent shrimp. My wife, who doesn't really like shrimp ate all of hers!!