Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 559
- Whisk together the flour and 1/2 teaspoon of salt in a bowl. Cut the shortening into the flour mixture with a pastry cutter until the mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Drizzle the ice water, about 1 tablespoon at a time, over the mixture and gently work the water into the dough with your fingers. Add more water as needed until you can gather the dough together in a ball. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a saucepan, mix together the turkey, onion, cream of potato soup, cream of chicken soup, water, and mixed vegetables. Bring the mixture to a boil; reduce heat and allow to simmer while you prepare the crust.
- Cut the dough in almost equal halves. Roll the larger piece into a circle on a floured work surface and fit into a 10-inch cast-iron skillet. Roll out the smaller piece into a circle to fit the top. Pour the hot turkey filling into the bottom crust. Place top crust over the filling, crimp the two crusts together with a fork, and cut several slits in the top with a sharp knife.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the crust is golden brown, about 45 minutes.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 559 calories; 31.7 45 22.5 44 912 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 23
This recipe is delicious! Best pot pie I have ever tasted! To make things a little easier I used store bought refridgerated pie crust. Will be making this often for my family!
This was very easy to make. It was my first time making the dish. My famiy and I thought it was YUM- YUMMY!. It was even better the second day. (Not much was left from the night before.) I fol...
I made this dish the day after Thanksgiving. Instead of making the pie crust, I used pre-made pie crust (two 9 inch Pillsbury ready made pie crust). I also added a half can of corn, frozen veg...
Oh Yum! used a prepackaged pie crust instead. Sauteed onion, garlic, thyme, oregano, basil, s&p in butter and EVOO, poured in the balance of her ingredients & a can of mushroom and wahlah....per...
Great recipe, thanks! My husband and 2 boys loved it (and that's saying something these days). I made my own crusts with this recipe. They were VERY light and flaky, and wonderfully thick. M...
Made this for dinner tonite and it was a big hit! Instead of making my own crusts, I used frozen Marie Callendar's deep dish pie crusts. One for the bottom and the other for the top crust. The f...
Made this using leftover turkey chopped up, 1 small package of frozen mixed vegetables, 1 can of cream of chicken,1 can of cream of potato soup, 1/2 onion chopped, and 1 can of water. I sauteed ...
I made this recipe and used refrigerated pie crust, 1 can of carrots, and 1 can of peas. Everything else was as the recipe indicated. My daughter, 5 1/2 years old, said it was the best dinner ev...