Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 384
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook the onions and garlic until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Pour in water, then whisk in the cream of mushroom soup and chicken granules until the mixture is smooth. Bring to a boil, then stir in potatoes, celery, carrot, and green peas; reduce heat, and simmer until thickened, 30 minutes to an hour. Stir in turkey, then simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Place an oven rack at the top position of the oven, and preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, basil, and oregano together in a bowl. Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter or fork until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs; mix in the milk and egg to make a soft dough. Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface, and knead until smooth, then roll out to a 9-inch round crust. Spoon the turkey filling into an 8-inch pie dish, and top the pie with the crust. Pinch the crust down at the edges around the pie dish, then cut several vents into the top of the pie.
- Bake in the preheated oven on the top rack until the filling is bubbling and the crust is golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 384 calories; 17.4 41.7 15.4 76 1152 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Great way to use leftover thanksgiving. I substituted our leftover greenbeans for the peas which worked great. I also added a little black pepper, a dash of thyme, and 2 dashes cayenne pepper ...
This was good, but the chicken boullion made it very salty. I'd probably replace the water and boullion with chicken stock and salt to taste instead. I enjoyed the biscuit-like crust, but found ...
This is a great versatile recipe. I have made it with turkey and chicken and with whatever vegetables I had on hand. I love that the crust is so easy and flavorful!
This was the first tine I made a turkey pot pie and my family loved it. The only couple of thins I did diffferent was instead of using chicken boullin cubes I used chicken broth base. The secon...