Squash and Zucchini Burritos
Ingredients1 h servings 575
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x12-inch baking dish.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook the onion and garlic until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the zucchini, yellow squash, and red bell pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until the zucchini and squash are tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in the black beans, green salsa, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Cook and stir the filling until it thickens, 5 to 8 more minutes.
- Divide one of the packages of Mexican-style cheese among the tortillas. Spoon zucchini-squash filling into each tortilla, over the cheese, in a line down the center. Roll up the tortillas, and place them into the prepared baking dish with the seam sides down.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are heated through, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle the other package of shredded cheese over the tortillas before serving.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 575 calories; 34.7 48.1 23.4 68 1112 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 28
Very tasty twist on standard mexi-night in our house, and a great way to take advantage of the abundance of inexpensive veggies this time of year at our farmer's market! I didn't see any need to...
I cook for a crew of 10 guys and WoW they absolutely loved this! I kept getting compliment after compliment I cooked mexican rice along with this and they just loved it!
These made a great vegetarian meal with summer garden produce. I grated 1 carrot instead of using summer squash. I used 1/4 tsp cayenne since I have small children who don't eat spicy foods. ...
What a great and unique way to use the bulk zucchini from our garden! These were a hit with everyone in our family.
OMG, this is one of my favorite recipes. I made a few changes just for personal preference. I used spicy pasta sauce instead of grn salsa, added some to the bottom of the pan. I only used abo...
Awesome! The only thing I changed was subbing in whole grain tortillas. My g/f HATES veggies and she cleaned her plate.
Great recipe. Shredding made a big difference to those that did not like zuccinni or squash that much. I only had taco shells so I crumbled them and added filling, taco crumbles and cheese in la...