Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredientsservings 345 cals
Original recipe yields 10 servings (20 appetizers)
- TO MAKE SHORTBREAD: Combine cheese and unsalted butter in large mixing bowl with paddle mixer or in food processor bowl; mix or process until creamy. Mix flour, kosher salt and pepper in small bowl. Add to cheese mixture, a little at a time, beating or pulsing just until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add dried cranberries; mix or process just until moist clumps start to form. (If dough is not coming together to form clumps, add 1 tablespoon water to dough and blend or process until moist clumps start to form.)
- Transfer dough to large sheet of plastic wrap; knead gently with palms and heels of hands until dough holds together. Shape dough into 5 x 2 1/2-inch log. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 hour or up to 3 days.
- TO MAKE JAM: Melt 1/4 cup butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; saute for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden and tender. Stir in remaining jam ingredients; increase heat to high. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 30 minutes or until cranberries burst and mixture is thickened to consistency of loose jam. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking sheet.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and unwrap. Slice into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until light golden brown. If baking both sheets at once, rotate halfway through baking time. Cool on wire racks. Serve with jam.
Per Serving: 345 calories; 20.5 g fat; 32.6 g carbohydrates; 7.2 g protein; 53 mg cholesterol; 577 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1