Pasta with Chicken and Almond Cream
Almond Board of California
"Chicken pieces are simmered in a light, creamy almond sauce flavored with sun-dried tomatoes and roasted red peppers, with thinly shredded basil leaves added for color and flavor. The sauce is served on spaghetti."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredientsservings 713 cals
Original recipe yields 5 servings
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
- Meanwhile, melt butter and oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat. Season then brown chicken until light golden and just cooked through about 5 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- Add shallots to pan and saute 1 minute. Add sundried tomatoes, red pepper and ground almonds. Deglaze pan with wine until just evaporated. Add cream and almond milk, bring to a boil, stir until sauce thickens about 4 minutes. Add basil. Return chicken to the pan and simmer until just heated through.
- Cook pasta al dente. Drain, reserve about 1 cup pasta water. Add pasta into sauce and use pasta water if necessary for desired consistency.
- Garnish with toasted slivered almonds. Serve immediately.
- NOTE: Oven roasted tomatoes can be a substitute for sundried tomatoes, or an addition to this pasta or your favorite pasta, pizza, risotto or salad. Slice plum, roma or campari tomatoes lengthwise, place on cookie sheet , drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast at 450 degrees F for 20 minutes. Towards the end, drizzle with balsamic vinegar if serving on top of greens.
- Created by: Trish Magwood, James Beard cookbook ‘dish entertains' award winner and 'party dish' TV host.
Per Serving: 713 calories; 25.9 g fat; 79 g carbohydrates; 36 g protein; 109 mg cholesterol; 224 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1