Ingredients1 h servings 265 cals
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook the zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, potatoes, and chile peppers, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl and set aside.
- Return the skillet to the burner over medium heat. Crack the eggs into the skillet and fry them until the whites are set but the yolk is still runny, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs to the bowl of vegetables and season with salt and pepper.
- Using two knives, cut into the eggs and vegetables, mincing the mixture up into small pieces until well blended. It will look mushy.
- In a separate bowl, mix the harissa with water, one teaspoon at a time, until the mixture is pourable but still thick. Pour the harissa over the kaftaji and serve.
- Editor's Note
- Harissa is a flavorful condiment of ground chilies, garlic, and spices popular throughout North Africa. It's available at some grocers and specialty purveyors, or try this Tunisian Harissa recipe.
Per Serving: 265 calories; 6.5 g fat; 41.4 g carbohydrates; 13.2 g protein; 205 mg cholesterol; 152 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
absolutely delicious!! tastes exactly the way my mother would make it!!! I like to eat it with pita bread and a little olive oil!! thanks for the recipe!!!
I like the idea of this recipe, and went through the trouble of making my own harissa as I could not find it at any of the local grocery stores. However it is extremely soup-like, and I am unsur...
This was wonderful and reminiscent of our trips there. I did fry the potatoes a few minutes before adding the rest of the ingredients. I also cheated and used canned diced tomatoes. We prefer it...