Ingredients1 h servings 265
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook the zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, potatoes, and chile peppers, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl and set aside.
- Return the skillet to the burner over medium heat. Crack the eggs into the skillet and fry them until the whites are set but the yolk is still runny, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs to the bowl of vegetables and season with salt and pepper.
- Using two knives, cut into the eggs and vegetables, mincing the mixture up into small pieces until well blended. It will look mushy.
- In a separate bowl, mix the harissa with water, one teaspoon at a time, until the mixture is pourable but still thick. Pour the harissa over the kaftaji and serve.
- Editor's Note
- Harissa is a flavorful condiment of ground chilies, garlic, and spices popular throughout North Africa. It's available at some grocers and specialty purveyors, or try this Tunisian Harissa recipe.
Per Serving: 265 calories; 6.5 41.4 13.2 205 152 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
absolutely delicious!! tastes exactly the way my mother would make it!!! I like to eat it with pita bread and a little olive oil!! thanks for the recipe!!!
I like the idea of this recipe, and went through the trouble of making my own harissa as I could not find it at any of the local grocery stores. However it is extremely soup-like, and I am unsur...
We made this to accompany some Tunisian Brik and couscous we were having as part of our "World Cup Cuisine" where we eat the food of the opposing country in each of the England matches. The reci...
This was wonderful and reminiscent of our trips there. I did fry the potatoes a few minutes before adding the rest of the ingredients. I also cheated and used canned diced tomatoes. We prefer it...