Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients15 m servings 400 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place plantains in a bowl.
- Puree onion in a blender until smooth. Stir in ginger and cloves; pour mixture over the plantains. Mix in ground chile pepper and salt. Stir to coat plantains.
- Place plantains in the hot oil; fry until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Cook's Notes:
- Yellow plantains are also suitable to use.
- Onion may be grated or blended.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 400 calories; 28.5 g fat; 38.9 g carbohydrates; 2.1 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 25 mg sodium. Full nutrition