Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 834
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook potatoes and cassava in hot oil, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes. Transfer potatoes and cassava to a plate with a slotted spoon.
- Cook and stir onion in the same hot oil until translucent; add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in diced tomatoes and tomato paste; cook until fully incorporated and hot, about 1 minute.
- Stir water, beef, cabbage, carrots, parsley, salt, and black pepper into tomato mixture; bring to a boil. Add potatoes and cassava, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer vegetables and meat with a slotted spoon to a large bowl. Measure liquid in the pot, adding water as necessary to make 6 cups of liquid. Return 6 cups liquid to the pot, add rice, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover the pot with a lid, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Spoon rice onto a platter and top with meat and vegetables.
Per Serving: 834 calories; 10.1 160.8 27.5 30 867 Full nutrition