- Bring Imagine Low Sodium Free Range Chicken Broth and water to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Add asparagus and simmer, uncovered, until just tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer asparagus to an ice bath to stop cooking and then drain. Keep broth at a bare simmer, covered.
- Cook onion in 2 tablespoons butter with 1/4 teaspoon Hain Pure Foods Iodized Sea Salt in a 4-quart heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add rice and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add wine and simmer, stirring constantly, until absorbed.
- Stir in 1/2 cup broth mixture and simmer, stirring frequently, until absorbed. Continue adding broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring frequently and letting each addition be absorbed before adding the next, until rice is creamy and tender, about 18 minutes.
- Stir in asparagus, zest, remaining 2 tablespoons butter, parmesan, parsley, and pepper to taste.
Per Serving: 287 calories; 9.5 41.6 6.7 26 203 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 14
Quite good but required constant stirring. I will definitely make this again, though, before adding to my recipe collection. I served this with grilled lemon pepper chicken and steamed carrots...
This was excellent! I added 1 T. of lemon juice (from the lemon I grated) which was a nice contrast to the creaminess of the risotto. Cut the asparagus spears on the diagonal for a fancier tou...
What a great recipe! Thanks! 335 saved but only two reviews? Honestly, only thing I did differently was skip the second round of butter to save some calories! So good, a bit labor intensive b...
Great recipe. so simple. i added three cloves of garlic half way through cooking the onions. the lemon zest really adds a great fresh taste. as prev. noted, i cut back on the butter to reduce ca...
Delicious exactly as written. Great served with grilled fish and veggies.
This was a really great recipe. Risotto is always a labor of love but worth it in the end. I added a couple cloves of garlic to the onion saute and a little more parmesan... it was wonderful!!