Tropical Chicken Skewers
Ingredients2 h 30 m servings
- In large container with lid, or in large zip-top bag, mix together chicken, Mojo, nectar and Adobo until coated; transfer to refrigerator. Marinate chicken at least 2 hrs, or up to 24 hours.
- Strain chicken, discarding marinade. On each skewer, alternately thread pineapple, chicken, onions and peppers.
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat (or heat oil in large grill pan over medium-high heat). Cook skewers, turning once, until chicken turns dark golden brown and cooked through and vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Transfer to serving platter; serve warm.
- Cooking tip from LA COCINA GOYA
- Grill Marks Guaranteed! To ensure your grilled chicken develops golden-brown grill marks, remember these grilling tips: First, make sure the grill is piping hot (about 500 degrees F). Then, place chicken on the grates and let it cook, untouched, for at least 5 minutes (or up to 7 minutes). Then, flip once. Allowing the chicken to cook undisturbed over the hot flame will give the heat enough time to create the sear marks you love.
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Made these last night and we loved them. The flavors were amazing. I used red peppers and red onions because I hade them on hand. I also added some red pepper flakes and fresh minced garlic to t...