Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 30 m servings 321
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 9-inch round cake)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch cake pan, and line the bottom with a round piece of parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, beat butter, brown sugar, and white sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy; beat in eggs one at a time, then beat in vanilla extract and lemon zest. Mix the butter mixture into the flour mixture, alternating with yogurt until the mixture forms a smooth, even batter. Spread the batter into the prepared cake pan. Place the plum slices into a bowl, and toss with 2 tablespoons of flour. Arrange the plum slices onto the cake in a decorative pattern.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned, about 30 minutes. Loosely cover the cake with foil, and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean and the cake pulls away from the sides of the pan, 30 to 40 more minutes.
- Let cake cool completely in pan. Run a knife around the edge of the cake to loosen, and remove from pan. Dust with powdered sugar before slicing.
You might also like
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 321 calories; 15.3 40.6 4.8 93 154 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Not a whole lot of lemon flavor to the batter, so I added a little lemon extract in addition to the zest. The lemon flavor is still subtle, maybe adding a little lemon juice would help. I bake...