Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 461
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Press the puff pastry sheet into an 8-inch round or square pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the bottom of the pastry is very lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Mix together the chicken, 4 chopped plums, chicken broth, mace, cinnamon, and cloves in a bowl, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon the mixture over the partially-baked crust, and arrange slices of 2 plums over the top. Drizzle the pie with melted butter, and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake the pie in the oven until the crust is golden brown and the plum slices have caramelized, about 40 minutes.
- Cook's Notes
- This dish can be cooked and eaten hot immediately, or placed in the refrigerator and served later. If serving the pie cold, double the quantity of mace, cinnamon, and cloves. Also, if you mix the chicken mixture the night before, you can let the flavor mix overnight in the fridge. This will let the flavors blend better when you cook it the next day.
Per Serving: 461 calories; 28.9 28.1 22.1 69 179 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This was good-tasting and easy to make. A few changes: I didn't have puff pastry so I used a regular pie crust baked as directed and brushed with butter. I also used drained canned plums instead...
8.13.16 Hate changing a recipe first time through, but I did make one modification. This is an 8x8 pie, and I just couldn’t imagine a pound of shredded chicken. I cut that amount back signif...
I made this for dinner last night. We liked it very much; however, we thought it was very heavily chicken and puff pastry. It needed something else. Next time I will try adding some veggies, ...