Swiss Chard and Mozzarella Quiche in Zucchini Crust
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 475
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a skillet; cook and stir the garlic in the hot oil until slightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle in the rosemary and let cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 more minutes. Cook and stir the chard until the leaves are wilted; cover the skillet and let the chard steam until the stems are tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer the chard mixture to a bowl, stir in the tarragon and basil, season to taste with salt and pepper, and let cool. Stir in the mozzarella.
- Trim the stem and blossom ends from the zucchini and halve lengthwise. Scoop out the flesh with a spoon, leaving a 3/4-inch thick shell. Discard the flesh. Beat 2 eggs with the milk in a bowl. Lightly fill the shells with the chard mixture. Pour the egg mixture over the chard.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the quiche filling is set and the zucchini shells are tender, about 40 minutes.
- To prepare crumb topping, melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir the bread crumbs in the butter until well combined and starting to give off a toasty fragrance, about 2 minutes. Remove the stuffed zucchini from the oven and gently pat the bread crumbs over the top in a layer; return to oven and bake until the crumbs are browned, 10 to 15 more minutes.
Per Serving: 475 calories; 27.9 38.4 18.2 144 597 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
tastes great! the only thing I would change is use only 1 cup breadcrumbs and just be careful when you cut the zucchini make sure the ends stay intact so the egg mixture doesnt flow out.
I made this dish wish smaller zucchinis, so I put the chard in the squash and put the quiche mainly around the zucchinis in the baking dish. I also left out the mozzerella and replace tarragon w...