Jamie's Baked Brie
Ingredients35 m servings 48
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Stir the shallot, garlic, white pepper, and vermouth together in a small bowl; set aside. Cut the rind off the top of the brie cheese, leaving a 1/4-inch lip around the edge. Place the brie cheese onto a baking sheet, and spoon the shallot mixture over top. Fold the phyllo sheets in half to make square pieces. Wrap the brie with the phyllo squares, tucking the edges underneath of the brie cheese. Trim the corners if needed to avoid tucking too much pastry underneath. You want complete enclosure, but without too much overlap. Brush the top with melted butter to make the pastry brown in the oven.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the phyllo has turned golden brown and the brie cheese is very soft, about 20 minutes. Serve warm.
- Cook's Note:
- If you use phyllo, brush each layer with melted butter. This results in a crispier, fluffier crust, but takes a lot of work.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 48 calories; 3.6 1.8 2.1 12 75 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 17
I made this recently for a Christmas Eve potluck and it was delish! I forgot my grocery list at home, so I improvised a bit. I also don't like vermouth, so I used a dry white wine (a cheap sauvi...
Hints: Puff pastry sheets cut the prep time dramatically! You can sub the vermouth for wine or whatever floats your boat. I keep meaning to take pictures so this recipe gets more popular. It ...
This was good! I could not get a shallot to save my life @ the grocery store, so I subbed green onion, which I thought worked out nicely. I am a lover of garlic, but I think if I make this again...
I modified this, but wanted to rate the combination of the savory ingredients with the Brie, which was excellent. The shallot, garlic, white pepper, and sauvignon blanc (no vermouth) sauteed to...
Really good- I added a handful of chopped mushrooms and sauteed them with the shallot and garlic in a little olive oil before adding the vermouth and putting it on top of the brie.
Better and easier with puff pastry and walnut-studded mango chutney on top of the brie. Wrap pastry up over top of brie and make a decoration on top with the folded up pastry.
Amazing. Everyone raved about this and asked for the recipe! I used white wine instead of vermouth and puff pastry, not phyllo. Will definitely make this again!
The only tip I took from this recipe was....I did take the rind off the top prior to wrapping the brie. This makes an AMAZING difference! The brie melts soooo much better. I made it w the tradi...