Ingredients40 m servings 358
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Combine corn kernels, bell pepper, onion, and cornstarch in a bowl; set aside.
- Sprinkle the Creole seasoning over the red snapper. Dredge the fish in the flour, then dip them in the egg whites. Coat both sides of the fish by pressing the corn mixture into the egg whites.
- Heat the vegetable oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium-high eat. Arrange the fillets in the skillet and fry until golden, about 5 minutes on each side. Place the skillet in the preheated oven and continue cooking until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 5 more minutes.
- Cook's Note
- For a faster recipe, use frozen corn that has been completely defrosted and dried with paper towels.
- Editor's Note
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the breading ingredients. The actual amount of the breading consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 358 calories; 6.3 37.5 37 52 260 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I followed the recipe exactly and even the kiddos liked it! My husband is eager to try it with fresh pike or halibut. Next time we'll omit the Creole and just salt and pepper generously. By f...
The flavor of the batter was very good, but I would personally not recommend using Grouper. I used it and it had a stronger "fishy" taste than I anticipated. Next time I will use tilapia or tr...
I improvised a little. Seasoned fish w black pepper & soul seasoning. Mixed flour with corn meal. Used corn meal in place of corn starch. It was fabulous! My family loved it! I will definitely...