Ingredients40 m servings 103
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion, and cook until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Transfer the onion to a mixing bowl, and stir in the tuna, parsley, capers, and Parmesan cheese; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cut the phyllo sheets in half lengthwise, ending up with long, narrow sheets. Lay out one strip of phyllo at a time on your work surface with one of the narrow ends close to you. Place a heaping tablespoon of filling 1 inch from the end closest to you. Fold the bottom right corner over the filling to the left edge to form a triangle. Fold the triangle up, bringing the point at the bottom left up to rest along the left edge. Turn the lower left corner over to touch the right edge. Continue turning the triangle over in this manner until you reach the end of the phyllo. Lightly brush the last inch of phyllo with water to seal. Repeat with the remaining filling and phyllo dough.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Fry the brik in the preheated oil in batches until golden brown and crispy, about 3 minutes. Drain the brik on a paper towel-lined plate. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Editor's Note
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 103 calories; 6.8 6 4.7 4 108 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
I had some leftover fyllo dough and decided to try this out. The first one I folded was a little sloppy but then I realized I didnt have to go all the way to the edges when folding and they came...
In Morocco we call them Briwat. You can replace tuna with chicken, seafood or ground beef.
This was very good. My only issue is that I just couldnt get one sheet of phyllo dough to work, it kept breaking because the tuna was so moist. I just used two sheets of the dough (layered), an...
The recipe is phenomenal, but phyllo dough and I don't work well together.