Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 882
- Preheat outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Rub the papaya slices evenly with 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- Cook the papaya on the preheated grill until hot and softened, about 10 minutes.
- Blend the grilled papaya, garlic, and butter in a blender until smooth. Pour into a small container and cool in refrigerator 1 to 2 hours.
- Again preheat outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Rub the porterhouse steaks thoroughly with the 2 tablespoons olive oil. Stir the rosemary, salt, pepper, and garlic salt together in a bowl; rub evenly onto both sides of the steaks.
- Cook the steaks until they are beginning to firm, and are hot and slightly pink in the center, about 8 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C). Top with the papaya butter to serve.
Per Serving: 882 calories; 83.3 4 30.2 208 1789 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
First, a disclaimer: I'm gaga for rosemary. So much so, that I misread the recipe and added rosemary both to the butter as well as the steak. But not to worry: it's one tasty dish. I used T-Bon...
The steaks were awesome, but I wasn't crazy about the papaya butter, especially in combination with the meat. This recipe also made WAY too much butter, easily enough for twice as many steaks, p...