Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 40 m servings 670
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place the lemon grass, 1/4 cup vegetable oil, fish sauce, rice wine vinegar, dark soy sauce, sugar, and sesame oil into the work bowl of a food processor, and process until the mixture forms a paste. Coat both sides of the steaks with the marinade paste, and refrigerate, covered, for 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- In a bowl, combine peanuts, sesame seeds, sea salt, and pepper until thoroughly mixed.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade, and discard any remaining marinade. Pat the steaks very dry with paper towels for good charring. Rub each steak with about 3/4 teaspoon of vegetable oil. Sprinkle the peanut mixture generously over both sides of each steak, and press the spices into the meat.
- Grill on the preheated grill until the steaks show grill marks, start to become firm, and are reddish-pink and juicy in the center, 4 to 5 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 130 degrees F (54 degrees C). Let the steaks rest at least 5 minutes before slicing.
You might also like
- Editor's Note
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the breading ingredients. The actual amount of the breading consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 670 calories; 52.6 18.9 35.5 124 6507 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
While this was not completely inedible, I will not make this again. Sorry, but the flavor just seemed a little "off". Perhaps we are not fans of fish sauce (never had it before now), which I f...