Hawaiian Frosted Cake
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 482
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray, or butter the pan well and coat inside with flour to prevent sticking.
- Beat the cake mix, water, eggs, vegetable oil, 1 package of coconut cream pudding mix, and 1 tablespoon of rum extract in a bowl with an electric mixer until smooth, about 2 minutes. Gently fold in the crushed pineapple. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cake has risen, turned golden brown, and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool the cake to room temperature in the pan on a wire rack, about 30 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, spread 2 tablespoons of flaked coconut onto a baking sheet, and bake in the preheated oven until lightly toasted, about 10 minutes. Remove the coconut, allow to cool, and set aside.
- To make frosting, whisk 1 package coconut cream pudding mix with milk until the mixture turns thick and creamy, about 2 minutes. Gently fold in the whipped topping, 1/4 cup flaked coconut, coconut extract, and 1 teaspoon of rum extract. Frost the cake, and sprinkle toasted coconut on top. Keep refrigerated.
Per Serving: 482 calories; 20.8 68.6 4.9 57 593 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I made this for my father-in-law's birthday because he likes coconut and everyone loved it. I was concerned about the rum flavoring being too much but everything came out perfect! I used a bundt...
Do not make this cake if your on a diet!!!! This was the best cake I've ever tasted!!!!!!
This photo is not the prettiest I have seen but the recipe is outstanding. I have made this recipe a dozen times and just realized I never rated it. Over the last 4 years I can't tell you how ...
Loved this cake It is fast and easy to make and presents beautifully. It's not possible to find an 18.25 ounce box of cake mix so I used a 16.25 ounce box and cut the oil to 1/4 cup. I added da...