Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 45 m servings 257
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Place flour in a large bowl. Cut in margarine with 2 forks or a pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing with a fork, until flour mixture is moistened and sticks together when squeezed. Split dough into 3 portions, sealing each in plastic wrap.
- Shred almond paste into a bowl using a grater. Add 1/2 cup sugar, egg, and egg yolk; mix well. Cover almond filling with plastic wrap. Refrigerate dough and almond filling, 8 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll each portion of dough onto a floured work surface into a 4x12-inch crust. Lay crusts on the prepared sheet. Spread a strip of almond filling onto the center of each crust. Fold each side toward the center and pinch ends to seal in the filling. Flip bonquets over, folded side-down.
- Poke holes down the middle of each bonquet, 2 inches apart. Beat egg white in a small bowl; brush over bonquets. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons sugar on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C); continue baking until golden brown, about 10 minutes more.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Keep the dough you aren't working on in the fridge until you are ready to roll it.
Per Serving: 257 calories; 15.9 25.6 3.8 23 142 Full nutrition