Asparagus and Sausage Risotto
Ingredients55 m servings 773 cals
- Cut sausage into 1/2" cubes; set aside. Bring broth to a boil in a 2-quart saucepan. Reduce heat to low to keep broth hot.
- Heat oil in a 4-quart pan over medium-high heat until hot. Add sausage, onion and mushrooms. Cook, stirring frequently, 3-4 minutes or until sausage is lightly browned.
- Add butter and rice. Cook, stirring constantly 2 minutes. Stir in wine; cook until liquid has almost completely absorbed.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of heated chicken broth. Cook, stirring constantly until liquid is absorbed. Add remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of broth is absorbed before adding the next (about 20 minutes total).
- Remove from heat; stir in asparagus, 1/3 cup of Parmesan and parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle top with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Substitutes: Beef Smoked Sausage, Lite Smoked Sausage, Turkey Smoked Sausage
- Cook's Tip: Cook asparagus in chicken broth after it comes to a boil in step 1. Cook 2-4 minutes or until just crisp-tender. Remove asparagus from broth using a slotted spoon and continue recipe as directed.
Per Serving: 773 calories; 44.9 g fat; 57.2 g carbohydrates; 27.1 g protein; 97 mg cholesterol; 1400 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This was a terrific risotto recipe. The directions are very precise and makes a perfect al-dente risotto. The only thing I didn't add was the sausage since I used it as a side dish. I have ha...
Used regular sweet Italian sausage, doubled the recipe as a main course for a family of four. The only thing I held back a little on was the cheese otherwise followed the recipe -- everyone love...