Grammy's Overnight Lasagna
Ingredients9 h 15 m servings 558
- Cook the ground beef in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until browned and no longer pink, about 5 minutes; drain fat. Stir in the marinara sauce, water, and salt. Bring to a boil. Remove sauce from heat.
- Arrange 6 noodles in a 9x13-inch baking dish, breaking if necessary to fit. Spoon 1/2 of the sauce over noodles. Top with 1/2 of the cottage cheese and 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers with remaining noodles, sauce, cottage cheese, and mozzarella cheese. Top with Parmesan cheese. Cover tightly with foil; refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake lasagna, covered, until noodles are soft, cheese is melted, and sauce is bubbly, about 1 hour. Allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 558 calories; 24.4 43.5 40.1 94 1339 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 44
This is the best Make-Ahead Lasagna recipe I have tried. Thank you! --- I almost followed the directions exactly. Here are the nitty gritty details for those who like them: ---I halved the re...
Wonderful! Only things I did different was used 16 oz. of cheese, added an egg to the cottage cheese, and added some dried basil and a little minced garlic while cooking the meat. I'm sure the...
This is so easy. My kids think herbs are "green stuff" so they LOVED it. My 16 year old ate almost half of it. This is a keeper!
Really simple. So, so easy. Made hosting a dinner party stress free. Added basic Italian sausage seasoning (see below) to the meat; big plus. Might have been a bit plain without that. Making it...
I used the oven-ready noodles even though the recipe didn't specify. Nixed the cottage cheese so it would freeze better.Came out PERFECT for packing in lunches!
This is great but add some chopped onion and minced garlic toi the ground beef, then add pasta sauce and some fine parmesan cheese while it is cooking. It had much more flavour. Freezes well ...
I made with turkey sausage & spinach in my sauce. I used less noodles (I wasn't sure if it was OK to overlap them, although I'm guessing it is) - it turned out great! I think it helps the flav...
I followed all instructions and ingredients except for the pan - I used a slightly smaller and deeper pan, so the lasagna was three layers. It turned out Perfect