Ingredients4 h servings 533 cals
- Prepare stuffing according to package directions, and set aside in a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring water to boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, and stir in the onion, celery and sage. Boil 10 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Stir into the prepared stuffing.
- Rinse turkey, and pat dry. Loosely fill the body and neck cavities with the stuffing mixture.
- Place turkey in a large roasting pan and cook 3 to 3 1/2 hours in the preheated oven, or until the internal temperature of the thigh meat is 180 degrees F (80 degrees C) and the stuffing is at least 165 degrees F (75 degrees C).
- Learn more about how to cook a turkey for Thanksgiving in our How to Cook a Turkey article!
Per Serving: 533 calories; 21.9 g fat; 15.8 g carbohydrates; 63.5 g protein; 179 mg cholesterol; 460 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Great stuffing! However, you do not need all of the water the recipe calls for. I used some chicken stock. Very good!
Used Savory instead of Sage and didn't boil onions. Just breadcrumbs, savory and onion. Turned out great and fell apart (In a good way!)
Found this Turkey and Stuffing reciepe, just like my late MeMaw made it. I was very excited about the way it tasted.