Ingredients2 h 45 m servings 291
- To make tomato sauce, heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat; cook and stir the onion, green pepper, and celery in the hot oil until the onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Pour the undrained whole tomatoes, tomato sauce, 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, sugar, oregano, 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, and water into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour the tomato mixture into the saucepan and simmer over low heat for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1/4 cup parsley. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix together the ground beef, bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, Creole seasoning, cayenne pepper, and salt until the mixture is thoroughly combined; spread into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Scatter the mozzarella cheese over the meat; spread 1/4 cup of the sauce over the cheese. Sprinkle the sauce with 1/4 cup chopped parsley and 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning. Pick up one end of the meat layer (short side), and gently roll the meat around the filling. Reposition the meat roll in the center of the dish, and pour the remaining tomato sauce over the roll.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the roll is no longer pink in the center, 45 minutes to 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
Per Serving: 291 calories; 16.9 13.7 21.1 65 716 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
Was going to make meatloaf tonight, so I decieded to give it a shot. Did not make the sauce, as I was short on time. Used favorite canned sauce. Was worried I wouldn't be able to find Creole ...
The only reason I am not giving this a 5 star rating is because of the time/effort to put the meal together. It tasted great, but it was just way to time consuming for me. I might try it again...
Tastes great and a very firm loaf so its filling but the amount of work involved was time consuming. This also meant for a lot more dishes to wash :( Hubby really liked it for sandwiches thoug...
I thought the sauce was worth the time. I did not have any cheese but it tasted really good without it anyways.
This is good. I made the home made sauce which is an extra step but does have loads of flavor and makes the meatloaf tender. I did not add cheese because I did not have any and this was still re...
Did take a long time but to me it was so worth it! Cant wait for lunch left overs tomorrow!
this was a little time consuming but so worth it! I used fire roasted tomatoes and it was fabulous!