Pressure Cooker Lamb Shanks with White Beans
3 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients5 h 45 m servings 474
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Soak cannellini beans in a large bowl of cold water for at least 4 hours, up to overnight. Drain.
- Pat lamb shanks dry; season with ground black pepper and dust with flour. Heat oil in pressure cooker over medium-high heat. Cook lamb shanks one at a time, turning to brown on all sides, about 10 minutes per shank. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Cook and stir shallots, carrots, celery, and garlic in the oil left in pressure cooker until shallots are golden brown, about 15 minutes. Add rosemary and red wine; cook for 2 minutes, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add drained beans, beef broth, and water; season to taste with more black pepper. Return the lamb shanks to the pot.
- Seal the pressure cooker lid; bring cooker to full pressure according to manufacturer's instructions. Cook for 35 minutes. Turn off heat and allow the pressure to lower naturally, about 10 minutes.
- Remove lid; stir in tomato paste, salt, lemon zest, and half of the chopped parsley.
- Spoon bean and vegetable mixture into large shallow bowls; top with lamb shank meat and sauce. Sprinkle servings with remaining parsley.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Be sure to avoid adding salt or tomatoes until after the beans have cooked. If you can't find low sodium beef broth, just use water so that the beans have a chance to cook through.
Per Serving: 474 calories; 12 51.2 30.8 41 557 Full nutrition