Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 338
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Combine the water and butter with 1/8 teaspoon salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium, and pour in the flour all at once. Stir vigorously until the mixture forms a semi-translucent ball. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Mix in the eggs into the dough, one at a time, adding the next egg only after the first has been completely incorporated. Drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet by the heaping tablespoon.
- Bake in the preheated oven until puffed and golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes. The puffs should be hollow on the inside, and just browned on the bottom. Remove from the oven, and cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
- To prepare the filling, stir together the onion, celery, raisins, mustard, mayonnaise, yogurt, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and dill in a bowl until combined. Fold in the chopped chicken meat until evenly combined. Cut the tops from the puffs, and spoon the chicken filling inside. Replace the tops before serving.
Per Serving: 338 calories; 24.2 14.9 15.1 154 414 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
Really good. I used dried cranberries (doubled amount) just due to personal preference. The yogurt gave the chicken salad a surprising tangy element. I enjoyed it and my husband thanked me for m...
This review is for the pastry only. These are the perfect puffs. I have tried many choux pastries and this one is easy and always turns out. The ingredients, temperature, and time (30 minutes) a...
Made similar recipe for years. I do not use raisins though but roasted slivered almonds. Also much less mustard, using sour cream instead of the yogurt. This gives it a much creamer taste and ...
I made these with my daughter. She made the puffs and I made the filling. Excellent!! Now we're looking for a nice brunch or luncheon to go to, so we can bring the prize dish!! Very good, thanks...
Yum, yum, yum!!! Great finger food, absolutely delicious and the pastry puff, all I can say is airy, fluffy heaven :)
Truly ENJOYED this recipe! Light but filling. EASY,EASY, EASY! Going to try variation of flaky tuna & grapes/black olives instead of chicken & raisins, just to change out. Thanks for the recipe.
Made these for lunch and brought leftovers to a family lunch the next day. Everyone loved it!