Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 268
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- Stir together the condensed milk, boiling water, and butter in a saucepan over medium heat, and heat until the butter has melted. Place the bread cubes in a large bowl, and pour the milk mixture over the bread cubes. Let the bread sit to soak up the liquid; do not stir.
- Beat eggs and sugar together in a bowl until frothy, and add the cinnamon and vanilla extract. Beat the mixture again, and stir in the rhubarb. Gently and lightly stir the rhubarb mixture together with the soaked bread, and scrape the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Line a roasting pan with a damp kitchen towel. Place filled baking dish on towel, inside roasting pan, and place roasting pan on oven rack. Fill roasting pan with boiling water to reach halfway up the sides of the baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread pudding comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 268 calories; 9.6 39.2 7.2 99 259 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 16
This Rhubarb Bread Pudding was delicious. I followed the recipe as submitted, but made a rum sauce and served the sauce warm over the warm bread pudding (topped with whipped cream). It was moi...
I just took this out of the oven and couldn't wait to dive in - it smelled heavenly! I just added a little whipped cream on top and it is DELISH! I used some old hot dog buns and frozen rhubarb ...
This was frugal and fantastic. I used up all the leftover hot dog buns, bread heels and dried out whole wheat rolls that I had accumulated in the freezer and it was delicious. Followed the direc...
Excellent! Used frozen rhubarb (gently drained), didn't have roasting pan with water so covered for 30 minutes of cooking time....EXCELLENT!!!! Thanks for sharing a GREAT recipe!
Excellent recipe. I didn't use the additional sugar, it was plenty sweet enough with the sweetened condensed milk. I also only used 4 eggs (what I had).
This was GREAT. Everyone enjoyed it and it ended up being a 9x12 dish. I used 2 cans of 250ml sweetened milk which is more then a 14 oz can . I would use a bit more rhubarb and slice them 1/2...
This rates right up there as one of the best bread puddings I've had. I followed the recipe exactly and I really liked the soft, but not mushy, texture that you find with some bread puddings. ...
Great Recipe, agree that it did need more rhubarb so increased to 4 cups and baked in a stoneware 9x9 pan. Delicious!!