Ingredients50 m servings 380
- In a mixing bowl, place the crabmeat, salt, Worcestershire sauce, and hot pepper sauce. Mix thoroughly.
- Shape the crab mixture into cakes and roll in bread crumbs.
- In a medium skillet, heat 4 tablespoons of oil over medium heat. Saute the cakes about 5 minutes. Turn, then cook for another 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- For the sauce: In a 1.5 quart saucepan, heat the 1 tablespoon of oil and 1 tablespoon of butter. slowly add the flour to the oil, stirring constantly. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Slowly add the clam juice, whisking constantly and vigorously. Pour in white wine, black pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes. Bring to a simmer. Then add cream, parsley, and basil. Simmer, but do not boil. Mixture is done when thick enough to evenly coat the back of a spoon.
- Serve the sauce over the crab cakes.
Per Serving: 380 calories; 18 24.3 26.3 103 675 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
The last reviewer must not undersand what deviled crab is....it ISN'T a crab cake! This recipe was great if you know what deviled crab is.
I wonder if it was supposed to include an egg with the crab cakes, I had to in order to make the cake stick together. I also threw in a few of the bread crumbs. I also question the amt. of fl...