Bakery Graham Cracker Pie
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 279
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch pie)
- Preheat an oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, 2 tablespoons of white sugar, and melted butter together in a bowl. Reserve a couple tablespoons of the cracker mixture to use as garnish. Press the remaining cracker mixture into a 9-inch pie plate to form a crust.
- Place 1/2 cup of sugar, cornstarch, and salt in the top of a double boiler over just-barely simmering water. Slowly stir in the scalded milk, stirring until mixture thickens. Slowly whisk 1/3 of the milk mixture into the beaten egg yolks, then pour the egg mixture back into the double boiler. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly so as not to scramble the eggs. Remove from heat, and cool slightly, then stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, until butter is melted. Pour the egg mixture into the prepared pie shell. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites until foamy in a large glass or metal mixing bowl. Gradually add 1/4 cup of sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract, continuing to beat until stiff peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the egg whites should form a sharp peak that holds its shape. Spread the meringue over the pie.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the meringue is lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Cool, and sprinkle with the reserved graham cracker mixture before serving.
Per Serving: 279 calories; 9.6 41.7 6.8 120 286 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1