Ingredients30 m servings 317 cals
- In a medium skillet, heat the 3 cups of oil to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- In a food processor, combine the shrimp, ginger, garlic and water chestnuts; grind to a paste. Add salt, pepper, sherry, egg white and baking soda. Process until smooth.
- Cut each slice of trimmed bread into quarters, forming 4 triangles each. Divide the shrimp mixture over each piece of bread; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Deep fry shrimp toast until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Editor's Note
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount may vary depending on cook time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 317 calories; 21.5 g fat; 15.6 g carbohydrates; 15.3 g protein; 86 mg cholesterol; 1169 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This is an excellent recipe for shrimp toast! Just like the kind that I got as a kid.. I would suggest using the white cream bread that is really square if you can find it at asian markets. It i...
These are so tasty they take wings and fly off the appetizer plates. Highly recommend!!