Steamed Pandan Tapioca Pearl Cakes
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 367
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Toss the coconut and salt together in a small bowl; set aside.
- Blend the pandan leaves with 3/4 cup water in a blender or food processor until smooth; strain through a piece of cheesecloth. You should get about 1/2 cup pandan juice.
- Bring 3 cups water and the tapioca pearls to a boil in a sauce pan; cook at a boil until the pearls are translucent and soft, about 10 minutes. Stir the sugar and tapioca flour into the mixture until the sugar is completely dissolved; add the pandan juice and stir until you have a thick batter. Remove from heat and pour into foil cups.
- Bring a couple inches of water to boil in a large pot. Place a few of the cups at a time in a steamer insert and place over the boiling water. Steam until the cakes are cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes. Top the cakes with the coconut to serve.
You might also like
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 367 calories; 8 74.7 1.2 0 229 Full nutrition