Sweet Potato Passover Souffle
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 439 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the sweet potatoes into a large saucepan, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Gently boil over medium-low heat until tender, 15 to 25 minutes. Drain the sweet potatoes, peel, and mash in a large mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat the sweet potatoes until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in 1/3 cup of margarine, 1/2 cup brown sugar, orange juice, salt, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and egg. Spread the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Beat in 1/3 cup of margarine, 1/2 cup brown sugar, orange juice, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and egg. Spread the mixture into a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix the crushed matzo, 1/2 cup margarine, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and 1 pinch cinnamon. Spread the topping evenly over the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the topping is golden and bubbling, about 30 minutes. If the topping needs more browning, switch the oven to broil and brown under the broiler darker, about 3 minutes.
Per Serving: 439 calories; 19.5 g fat; 63.3 g carbohydrates; 4.6 g protein; 23 mg cholesterol; 477 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Everyone liked this! I didn't do the topping exactly as written only because I didn't want to add another 1/2 cup of margarine to the dish. But I got many compliments.