Fudgy Bacon Supreme
Ingredients4 h 30 m servings 81
- For fudge, melt chocolate chips in a saucepan over very low heat . When the chips are nearly all melted, stir in the condensed milk until the mixture is very smooth and creamy, and add the vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. Pour the fudge into a square 9x9-inch pan, and refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours.
- For ganache topping, place heavy cream and chopped milk chocolate into the top of a double boiler over simmering water, and stir until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove from heat, and pour the ganache over the chilled fudge in an even layer. Return to refrigerator for at least 2 more hours to chill.
- Slice bacon into 1/2-inch squares, and place into a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until evenly browned and very crisp, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon on a paper towel-lined plate. Sprinkle bacon bits with a pinch of salt.
- Spread the bacon bits over the ganache layer, pressing the bacon lightly into the fudge. Return to refrigerator, chill until bacon is cooled, at least 30 minutes; cut into squares.
- Cook's Note
- The bacon is frozen to make cutting easier.
Per Serving: 81 calories; 4.9 8.6 1.5 8 42 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This was actually pretty good. The fudge base was not normal fudge though. It turned out very dense and kind of hard. It was like a flourless cake but even more dense. The ganache stayed kind of...
I mix the bacon in and top with a sprinkle of kosher salt. I personally don't like bacon but my man does. I made it for him and his coworkers one day and he said it was gone with in two hours an...