Ingredients2 h 25 m servings 249 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter an 8x8-inch square baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat unsalted butter with sugar with an electric mixer until very creamy, about 1 minute. Add the egg and cocoa powder, and beat until the ingredients are well mixed. Pour in the graham cracker crumbs, 1 cup coconut, and almonds, and beat on low speed until the ingredients are thoroughly combined. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes, and let the crust cool.
- Melt chocolate chips with 3 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan over very low heat, stirring until well blended. Remove from the heat, allow to cool for several minutes, then spread the chocolate mixture over the crust in a smooth layer. Refrigerate the dish while you make the next layer.
- Beat the pudding mix and milk in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer until the pudding is thick and smooth, about 2 minutes. Spread the pudding over the chocolate layer; sprinkle the dish with 1/4 cup coconut, cover loosely, and refrigerate until chilled and set, at least 1 hour.
Per Serving: 249 calories; 15.3 g fat; 27.4 g carbohydrates; 3.5 g protein; 35 mg cholesterol; 221 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Great recipe. While waiting for a ferry in British Columbia (we went through the San Juan Islands) my husband and I purchased the last Nanaimo bar in the small concession stand. It was our fir...
Ok so this was DELISH!! I rated it a 4 only because I modified it for what I had on hand. I didn't have any nuts and really don't care for coconuts so I just added an extra 1/2 cup of graham cr...
I don't think this is a Nanaimo bar. The ingredients are similar, but the layers and the consistency are all wrong. The chocolate layer should be on top, not over the crust. The sweet creamy lay...