Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 286 cals
- Place the pie crust into a deep-dish pie plate.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook and stir the onion, green pepper, celery, salt, cayenne pepper, and white pepper until the vegetables are tender and the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and crawfish tails, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for about 3 minutes to blend flavors, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk flour and water together in a bowl until the mixture is smooth, and pour the flour mixture into the skillet. Bring the filling to a simmer, and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to stand for 20 to 30 minutes to finish thickening.
- While filling is cooling, preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Pour the filling into the prepared pie crust, and bake in the preheated oven until the crust is golden brown and the filling is hot and bubbling, 30 to 40 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 286 calories; 18.3 g fat; 20.3 g carbohydrates; 10.4 g protein; 79 mg cholesterol; 845 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 22
This recipe is OUTSTANDING! Husband says he would give it 6 stars if possible. I did alter the recipe a bit... I'm sure fresh peppers/onions/celery would be better, but I used frozen seasoning m...
I omitted the celery and replaced it with a can of cream of celery. I also omitted the water and flour. And I used about 2 pounds of crawfish, and some creole seasoning. It was easily the bes...
I cooked this for the first time this weekend. We had a crawfish boil the day before and had crawfish tails that needed to be used. I doubled my recipe as I was cooking for a pretty large group....
There are not enough stars for this! I doubled recipe, used 2 crusts in a deepdish pan. Everyone came back for more!
SO GOOD! Used crawfish leftover from boil... used double crust pillsbury crust... instead of salt, cayenne, and white pepper used more spice tony's... No tomatoes or flour or water... added...
Great recipe! I suggest tasting the filling before you take it off of the heat. Ours tasted a little bland so we added some Tony Chachere's seasoning to taste. I'm sure you could substitute your...
This was awesome! I took advice from another reviewer & added cream of mushroom & diced tomatoes, actually Rotel. Oh and instead of corn starch to thicken it, I accidentally used corn meal, so i...
Great recipe!! So easy and the flavor was wonderful. I would recommend this to any one. I did cover it with a store bought pie crust. It will remain on my favorite list!! I could have used two 1...