Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h servings 478
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Whisk together the water, orange juice, 1/2 cup salt, light brown sugar, garlic powder, oregano, and thyme in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Submerge the pork chops in the brine. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and brine in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Heat grapefruit juice, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and red pepper flakes in a saucepan. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved and mixture comes to a boil; reduce heat and cook until syrupy, about 15 minutes. Remove 3 tablespoons of the mixture and set aside. Add half of the grapefruit sections to the syrup mixture and cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- Remove the pork chops from the brine and pat dry. Place the pork chops on a baking sheet lined with tin foil. Brush each side of the chops with the reserved grapefruit juice syrup. Season with salt and pepper. Broil for 7 to 10 minutes on each side and the pork is no longer pink in the center. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- Place the remaining fresh grapefruit sections on the pork and drizzle relish over the top.
- Editor's Note
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the brine ingredients. The actual amount of the brine consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 478 calories; 6.3 79.7 28.1 65 62 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
The relish is great, but the chops were dry. I had grapefruit juice and oranges, so I used grapefruit juice instead of OJ for the brine, and orange sections instead of grapefruit for the relish.