Irish Shortbread (Wheat Free Edition)
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 433
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Line 2 8-inch cake pans with parchment paper.
- Place the butter and sugar into a bowl, and mix with a wooden spoon until the mixture is soft, creamy, and thoroughly blended. Stir in the rye and corn flours, and divide the dough into 2 pieces. Press each piece of dough evenly into a prepared cake pan. Using a fork, prick 7 or 8 rows of shallow little holes into the top of each cake. Sprinkle the tops of the cakes with colored sugar, if desired.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the tops of the cakes are golden brown, and the edges turn a slightly darker brown, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Cut each shortbread into 8 wedges while still warm; cool and store in a tightly sealed cookie tin or container lined with parchment or waxed paper.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 433 calories; 23.5 54.5 2.9 61 172 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Simple to make, rich to taste! I like the idea of using rye flour! Great cookies!
I made this for my fitness students as a gluten free option for a Saint Patrick's Day treat. It was more popular than regular shortbread. I didn't modify the recipe and it was wonderful! Crun...