Malai Kofta (Indian Cheese and Potato Dumplings)
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 349 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and mash.
- Combine mashed potatoes, grated paneer cheese, cornstarch, ground cumin, cayenne pepper, and salt in a bowl. Shape into approximately 8 small dumplings.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet; fry dumplings until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Place cashews and 1/4 cup water in a bowl; let stand at least 10 minutes. Puree mixture in a food processor.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet. Add chopped green chile pepper, ginger-garlic paste, and cumin seed; stir to combine. Add grated onion; cook and stir until light brown, 5 to 6 minutes. Add tomato puree, ground coriander, salt, garam masala, ground turmeric, and cayenne pepper. Cook and stir until flavors are blended, about 5 minutes.
- Stir cashew puree, cream, and milk into tomato mixture; add water to thin. Add dumplings to the gravy just before serving.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 349 calories; 19.6 g fat; 33.3 g carbohydrates; 12.1 g protein; 30 mg cholesterol; 1520 mg sodium. Full nutrition