Uncle Bo's Hot Sandwiches
David L. Wasson
Ingredients1 h servings 377 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate. Allow the bacon to cool, and chop.
- Cook and stir the onion in the bacon grease left in the skillet until onion is translucent, about 10 minutes. Stir in the bacon, chipped ham, barbecue sauce, and chili sauce until the mixture is well combined. Transfer the ham mixture to a large bowl, and stir in the pickle relish and chopped pickle.
- Place about 1/4 cup of ham mixture on a bun, and top with a slice of Cheddar cheese. Close the sandwiches, wrap each in foil, and bake in the preheated oven until hot and the cheese has melted, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve hot.
- Cook's Note:
- *Or cheese of your choice.
Per Serving: 377 calories; 20.6 g fat; 28.2 g carbohydrates; 19.6 g protein; 55 mg cholesterol; 1167 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Oh my goodness! I was so glad to find this recipe! I was born and raised in Pittburgh,PA and this was my favorite childhood recipe that my Mom made for lunch. She died a few yers ago and I never...
Simple and tasty regional recipe. Thanks for sharing! Reviewed during the First Faceless Frenzy Western Region Allstars 2012