Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 20 m servings 815 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 9x12-inch baking dish with a cover.
- Place the chicken drumsticks and thighs in the prepared baking dish, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Evenly distribute the ham, pineapple chunks, bacon, and raisins over the chicken.
- Stir together the orange juice and chicken bouillon granules in a bowl, and pour the mixture over the top of the dish. Dot the top evenly with chunks of butter.
- Cover, and bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is very tender and the sauce has started to reduce, about 1 1/2 hours. Uncover, baste the chicken pieces with the juices in the bottom of the pan, and return to the oven until the chicken is golden, about 30 more minutes.
- Cook's Note
- The chicken is supposed to have lots of juice at the bottom - a traditional way to serve chicken here in Mexico. If you don't like all the juice, cut down the amount of orange juice.
Per Serving: 815 calories; 49.7 g fat; 42.1 g carbohydrates; 49.2 g protein; 187 mg cholesterol; 1399 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Did not cut down the amount or OJ. Just thicened it with corn starch and water and added. Give this a try and add what you likebut, I like as written except thickining the sauce. Thanks for t...