Ingredients35 m servings 800
- Heat olive oil in a deep saucepan over medium heat. Stir garlic into the oil; cook and stir until softened but not browned, about 1 minute. Add the crushed red pepper and pepperoni; cook and stir to blend flavors, about 1 additional minute.
- Stir in the broccoli rabe, coating the leaves well with oil. Cover and cook until broccoli rabe is fully wilted and soft, about 15 minutes. Season with salt.
- Place a piece of cheese on cut side of each roll; fill with the broccoli rabe mixture. Serve warm.
- Cook's Notes
- Soak the broccoli rabe in clean, cold water before cooking to be sure to remove any grit.
- The key to cooking these is they need to be tender, (like cooked spinach) simmering covered until tender is the key once they've reduced in size.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 800 calories; 58.2 38.3 30.9 69 1310 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
I still can't figure out the relation to the dish from the comment above, but this is a fabulous traditional grinder. Add prosciutto (aged Italian ham) and it's over the top!!
Mine ended up tasting like a lot of pepperoni in a cheap sandwich. However, I didn't follow the directions. I used about double the pepperoni and left out the red pepper flakes. I also used beet...
Moved this into the rotation after getting great reviews from the entire family. Made the broccoli version and did a spicy Italian sausage version. Wrapped the grinders in foil and put the in th...
I made this today. The taste was good, however, next time I would cut the broccoli rabe into bite sized pieces before cooking. The recipe called for it to be trimmed and I thought that meant to ...
Delicious! The only change I made was that I used a whole grain tortilla instead of the Italian roll.