Roasted Peppers in Oil (Peperoni Arrostiti Sotto Olio)
Kim's Cooking Now!
Ingredients30 m servings 270
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate. Reduce grill heat to medium.
- Grill whole peppers until charred on all sides, turning about every 5 minutes. Place charred peppers in a plastic food storage bag and tie shut. Allow peppers to cool in bag.
- Combine olive oil, garlic, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper in a 1-pint glass jar (or larger, depending on size of peppers).
- Remove cooled peppers from bag and scrape off charred skins. Cut peppers in half and remove seeds and stems. Slice peppers into long strips and place in oil mixture. Mix well, assuring peppers are covered in oil. Serve, storing leftover peppers in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 270 calories; 28.2 4 0.7 0 196 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 13
I love this recipe!! And, I always add some red wine vinegar (like 1/4 cup). It makes the pepper a little bit more sour which helps to bring up the appetite and acts as a great appetizer.
Just like my nonna and mother made, fresh from their gardens, often served at the table as part of the meal. As did the submitter’s arugula and beans dish, this evoked fond and special memories...
Fabulous recipe! I can't think of one thing to change! (oops, I did leave out the salt and pepper), really saw no need for those.
These peppers roasted up beautifully. Used only red peppers. Substituted dried basil for fresh. Popped them in a paper bag which for me worked just as well. The skins peeled away nicely leaving ...
YUM! I had an abundance of peppers and more than enough stuffed peppers in the freezer so I tried this recipe. It was a first for me and so easy to do. I loved the way they swelled and peeled...
A classic dish my Italian MIL taught me to make- just this way. I used fresh and dry herbs, a little parsley and only red peppers like my MIL did. I did use less olive oil than suggested. I r...
All guests I serve this to ask for the recipe. I found they last more than 5 days in the fridge. Great to have with BBQ