Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 1 m servings 74 cals
Original recipe yields 96 servings (96 crostoli)
- Beat eggs, water, and almond flavoring together in a large bowl. Add salt; gradually stir in flour to make a stiff dough.
- Knead the dough until it can be rolled out very thinly. Split dough into fist-sized balls; roll out into thin strips using a pasta machine. Cut dough strips into triangles.
- Divide sugar among 3 bowls. Add cinnamon to one bowl, green food coloring to the next, and red food coloring to the last. Stir to evenly distribute the additions.
- Heat oil in a skillet over high heat. Place the dough triangles into the hot oil. Fry, turning until golden brown on both sides, about 1 minute. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and immediately sprinkle both sides with one of the sugar toppings.
- Cook's Notes:
- If you do not have a manual pasta maker that can roll the dough out into long, thin strips, then try your best with a rolling pin.
- If you have one, you can use a deep fryer instead of a skillet.
- Confectioners' sugar can be used as a topping as well.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 74 calories; 1 g fat; 14.3 g carbohydrates; 1.9 g protein; 23 mg cholesterol; 11 mg sodium. Full nutrition