Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 304
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 large roll)
- Place sirloin steak on a flat work surface. Slice horizontally through the middle with a very sharp knife, being careful not to cut all the way through to the other side. Open the 2 sides and spread them out like an open book. Place in a dish, season with soy sauce and lemon, and let marinate briefly.
- Mix ground pork, sweet relish, salt, and pepper together in a bowl.
- Remove the steak from the lemon-soya sauce marinade and lay it on a flat surface, e.g. a cutting board. Reserve the marinade. Spread ground pork mixture over the steak. Arrange chorizo, eggs, carrot, and ham over the pork. Roll steak into a log until filling is entirely covered; secure at both ends with toothpicks. Tie the meat roll with a string.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the meat roll; cook until all sides are browned, about 10 minutes. Add water, tomatoes, onion, garlic, peppercorns, bay leaves, and the reserved marinade. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat to low and simmer until sauce flavors blend and meat roll is hot in the center, about 20 minutes.
- Remove meat roll from the sauce; place on a flat work surface and cut crosswise into slices. Arrange slices on a platter. Pour sauce on top.
Per Serving: 304 calories; 18.7 6.6 27 127 700 Full nutrition